- Report your injury promptly.
- The mere fact that your injury occurred at work does not mean that it will be covered.
- Do not give a recorded statement until you obtain legal advice. The employer/insurer knows the rules. You do not.
TIPS FOR EMPLOYERS IN VIRGINIA
- Consider insurance coverage for yourself and other owners. In most cases, it is very affordable.
- Even if you do not regularly employ three or more employees, consider obtaining WC coverage. That policy will pay the cost of defending claims.
- If you have safety rules, then they should be known and enforced.
There is no substitute for knowledge, and irreparable harm can occur when we assume to know what we do not.